What Are You Waiting For?
I have often put my life and dreams on hold using one word,
LATER. I wonder if others do the same. See if any of my excuses are ones you can relate too.
- LATER: when the office is clean, I will have time to write.
- LATER: when the house is clean, I will invite company for dinner.
- LATER: when I lose weight, I will buy a swimsuit.
- LATER: when my children are out of school, I will have more time to study the Bible.
- LATER: when I catch up on all my TV series, I will have time to visit friends.
- LATER: when I clean the garage, I will have a place to park the car.
- LATER: when I get a treadmill, I will start exercising.
Recently, I had a realization, or a blonde epiphany, (is that legal?)
- I realized the office will never be clean enough.
- I realized the house will never be perfect enough.
- I realized no matter how much weight I lose or gain, I will never buy a swimsuit.
- I realized when my children finish school, marry, and have children of their own we will never have time. We will be too busy attending ball games, recitals, soccer, having sleepovers, taking pictures and having fun. Grandchildren automatically move to top priority.
- I realized a TV-series is never done; there is always another new one to watch.
- I realized landscaping and yard work is a weekly task, the weeds and grass just keep growing.
- I realized if the garage is cleaned out we will have to rent a large storage unit. Besides the car looks good outside and everyone knows where we live.
- I realized I will never start exercising when I get a treadmill, bicycle, or the Wii. If I haven’t started before now nothing else will help.
I have wasted a lot of time waiting for the “LATER” to get done so I could move onto the important in life. The Bible says now is the time to use what we have to serve and honor God. I don’t want my life to get stuck with the later and never get to the serving of others. I want to keep moving forward, onward and upward, running the race well. ©
Philippians 2:16 (NLT)
Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.
1 Corinthians 9:16
Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize?
So run to win!
What are your favorite “LATER” excuses? I would love to hear from you and get your opinion on these thoughts.
Dear Friends, thank you for stopping by and spending your time with me today, I love each of you.
Hugs to All, Lovingly Karan
Thanks Karan! Great points! There’s no time for later. Love it.
Thank you, Freida, your encouragement means so much to me, Hugs