THE BBQ RULES
I laughed my mascara and eyeliner off. I hope you enjoy the “Rules” too.
We are about to enter the summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it’s the only type of cooking a ‘real’ man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.
When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill – cold drink in hand.
Here comes the important part:
(4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
(5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another cold drink while he deals with the situation.
(7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
(8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
(10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts
(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ‘her night off.’ And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there’s just no pleasing some women. Author unknown
Reflections: Singing My Song
Living on the ranch in Tilley, AB Canada was an incredible experience for me. When out first daughter was born, it was great fun to have grandma and grandpa Gleddie living so close.
Every day she would go out to the ranch yard to see the animals. She loved them all so much it was only natural that we would practice and learn “Ole Mac Donald Had a Farm.” She also learned “Jesus loves me at Sunday school.”
We wanted to surprise Grandma and Grandpa with the singing talents of their first grandchild. And surprise them we did!
One Saturday we all rode to town for our weekly groceries, and on the way home, we decided it was the perfect time for a concert. Our daughter would start with “Jesus Loves Me, ” and next do “Ole Mac Donald Had a Farm.” She belted out the Song, (you can sing along)
Jesus Loves me this I Know,
For the Bible tells me so,
Little ones to Him belong,
Ole MacDonald had a Farm!
I must say that there was a moment of silence as we tried to process the words, then there was a burst of laughter. All the words had fit perfectly with the tune. She’s a Genius!
Do you step onto the stage of life every day striving for the perfect appearance and performing your best for love, acceptance, and approval of others?
There have been times when I have rushed ahead of God, making my own plans. Trying to fit the Lord into my will and wants. Only to realize that I messed up trying to impress God that I am worthy enough to be loved. Wow, really?
God knows the secret longings of our hearts. He knows all about our unfulfilled desires and dreams, our feelings of loneliness and fears for the future. He alone knows our joy and pain, our successes, failures, and doubts. He knows everything about you, inside and out, past, present and future.
Although every life is different, and your circumstances are not the same as mine, you may have had some of the same feelings.
I have news for you,
CHRIST PAID A PRICE WE COULD NEVER PAY, TO GIVE US LIFE WE DIDN’T DESERVE.
I sometimes get in such a rush I forget that I can never work, buy or beg enough for God’s love. He gives Love, life, and forgiveness freely if I ask.
Psalm 118:6-7b NLT
6. The Lord is for me so that I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?
7b. Yes the Lord is for me, He will help me.
Thank you, dear friends for spending your time with me, Have a wonderful weekend.
Do You find yourself running ahead of God sometimes, like me?
Smile, God Love You. Hugs to all.