Called the Lean Column, Ruler or the Sporty Physique Shape:
This shape is enviable by many especially in the fashion industry, magazine print media and runways. As well as super models many beautiful celebrities are blessed with this shape.
Characteristics of an this Lean Shape.
- A small bust or flat chest
- Narrow shoulders
- Flat bottom
- Long, lean arms and legs
- Small narrow hips
- Small and undefined waist
Your main style aims are…is .to create roundness, shape and layers to shorten the length of your long lean body.
What to wear
- A-line, bias cut, warp and pencil skirts look great. your shape allows you to wear your skirts a little shorter to show of your beautiful long legs.
- Coats and jackets with detailed shoulders, belted styles help to accentuate your waist giving it definition and roundness.
- Use horizontal line, floral and dot patterns, breast pockets, and layer to add volume for your tops, blouses and sweaters.
- Dresses with princess lines, darts and details. Wraps also work well
- Look for pants that are shaped, with side pockets. pleats and decorations to add curves. Tapered legs look fabulous too.
- Shapeless jackets
- Dropped waist lines
- Bulky and heavy textures
- Shift dresses and square necklines
- Long straight sleeves
I hope you have enjoyed learning about these beautiful body shapes. I will be talking a few weeks off on our Fashion Thursdays, for a wedding in Bristol, England. I will post pictures!
I will start Fashion Thursday again on July 10th, discussing shopping the sales and what time of year you get the greatest saving and beast deals. Hope you will join me and invite your friends too. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment. let me know if you have found these helpful.
Have a great week,
Warmly, Karan Gleddie
* I will be posting the regular post every week so keep checking for the pictures and blogs.