Hourglass Body Shape is known as the perfect body shape.
Scarlett Johansson, Kate Winslet, Halle Berry, Selma Hayek, Elizabeth Taylor, Sofia Vergara, Marilyn Monroe and Raquel Welch
Characteristics of an Hourglass Shape.
- A well defined waist – 9″ or more smaller than bust.
- Full Bust
- Shapely Legs.
- Bust & hips are equally proportioned
- Your body has a naturally balanced shape.
- Curved neat bottom
Your main style aims are….to emphasize your curves, especially your waist, without adding bulk
What to wear
- Fitted and semi-fitted clothes
- Soft, clingy, flowing fabrics
- Low to medium-low necklines
- Dresses with defined waistlines
- Straight and gently flared pants Straight and gently flared shirts
- Stiff, bulky, fabrics
- Baggy styles
- High necklines (unless you have a small bust)
- Skirts with open pleats
- Very tapered pants
Next week on Fashion Thursday we will discuss the Lean Column body shape, I hope you will join me and invite your friends too. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment.
Have a great week,
Warmly, Karan Gleddie
Nobody is perfect-thanks for the reminder. I think I had an hourglass for a few minutes in time. 🙂 Keep blogging Karan, great posts!