A Holiday Road Trip?
While on a road trip, an elderly couple stopped at the roadside restaurant for lunch. After finishing their meal, they resumed their trip.
Unknowingly, the woman left her glasses on the table and didn’t miss them until they had been driving about twenty minutes.
By then, to add to the aggravation, they had to travel quite a distance before finding a place to turn around.
All the way back, the husband fussed and complained and scolded his wife. As she got out of the car and hurried inside to retrieve her glasses, he yelled to her, “While you’re in there, you might as well get my hat and credit card!”
Reflections: Will I ever get done?
I have often put my life on hold using one little word,
AFTER. I wonder if others do the same. See if any of my excuses are ones you can relate too.
- After the office is clean, I will have time to write.
- After the house is clean, I will invite company for dinner.
- After I lose weight, I will buy a swimsuit.
- After my children are out of school, I will have more time to study the Bible.
- After I catch up on all my TV series, I will have time to visit friends.
- After I clean the garage, I will have a place to park the car.
- After I get a treadmill, I will start exercising.
Recently, I had a few light bulb moments, or a blonde epiphany, (is that legal?)
- The office will never be clean enough.
- The house will never be perfect enough.
- No matter how much weight I lose or gain, I will NEVER buy a swimsuit.
- When your children finish school, marry, and have children of their own we will never have time.We will be too busy attending ball games, recitals, soccer, having sleepovers, taking pictures and having fun. Grandchildren automatically move to top priority.
- A TV series is never done; there is always another new one to watch.
- Landscaping and yard work is a weekly task, the weeds and grass just keep growing.
- If the garage is cleaned out we will have to rent a large storage unit. Besides the car looks good outside and everyone knows where we live.
- I will never start exercising when I get a treadmill, bicycle, or the Wii. If I haven’t started before now nothing else will help.
I have wasted a lot of time waiting for the “AFTERS” to get done so I could move onto the important tasks. The Bible says now is the time to use what we have to serve and honor God. I don’t want my life to get stuck with the afters and never get to the serving of others. I want to keep moving forward, onward and upward, running the race well.©
Philippians 2:16 (NLT)
Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.
What are your favorite “after” excuses? I would love to hear from you and get your opinion on these thoughts
Hugs to All, Lovingly Karan