Triangle or Pear Shape:
You Are In Great Company:
Boyonce, Jenifer Lopez, Jennifer Love-Hewitt, Kim Kardashian and Shakira
These beautiful women have learned how to style there specific body shape. They are creating an impression of a perfect shape with style by highlighting their positive features.
Today we will discuss the triangle or pear shape. Could this be you!
- Do you have a clearly defined waist?
- Do you wear a larger size on your bottom half than your top?
- Have a small upper body
- Shoulders narrower than hips
- A Rounder behind
- Do you Carry weight on your hips or thighs?
- Do you have narrower shoulders than hips?
The goal is to choose clothing to balance your silhouette.
What to wear…
- Garments to emphasize your waist
- Skirts and dresses that are straight or slightly flared
- Low-rise pants to avoid gaping at the waist
- Pants & Jeans – Boot cut and straight pants, no belt loops, creases, pleats, pockets, patterns, turn ups.
- Dresses – look for wrap or empire dress, A-line, straight or slightly flared
- Jackets or coats -Details, collars, pockets, and single or double-breasted, shoulder pads are fabulous. Hoods, breast pockets, back yokes and back belts.
- Blouses & Tops – Fitted shapes, wrap tops or empire lines; vests, big collars look great; all shoulder enhancing shapes, shoulder pads, big shawls, bolero, wide straps, boat neck.
- Sleeve–Cap, ¾ length, dropped, batman, puffed, wrist or above wrist are great.©
Next week on Fashion Thursday we will discuss the Inverted-Triangle body shape, I hope you will join me and invite your friends too. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment. Thank You.
Have a great week,
Warmly, Karan Gleddie