Many beautiful women are a Rectangle shape:
Gwyneth Peltrow, Nicole Kidman, Cameron Diaz, Anne Hathaway, Kate Middleton, Sara Jessica-Parker, Keira Knightly
- Do you have a smaller bosom?
- Do you wear the same size tops and bottoms?
- Is there little definition in your waist?
- Are your hips and shoulders the same width?
- Do you have flat hips and thighs?
Then you have a Rectangle
Your goal is to create curves and define your waist.
What to wear.
- Shoulder pads to emphasize your shoulders. This may sound very 80’s advice, but they really do work. However, they should not be too large and definitely shouldn’t be visible.
- Semi-fitted clothes
- If you have firm upper arms, short-sleeves and sleeve-less tops and dresses.
- Dresses that wrap or flow through the waistline
- Pants that are fitted at the hip and slightly wider at the hems give a rounder shape accentuating the waist. Look for embellishments on your back pockets, patterns or prints, straight to gently flared flat-fronted pants, turn ups, combat, flares, and wide legs, and boot-cut pants.
- Structured fitted jacket which creates the appearance of fuller hips, also empire styles are flattering.Feminine Tops with Ruffles, puffed and cap sleeves. Also ¾ length sleeves add width to your bust and shoulders, making the waist look small. Medium to high necklines
- Flared Skirts with wider hem will give the illusion of a smaller waist. Also look for A-line, flip, crossover and panel skirts.
Next week on Fashion Thursday we will discuss the Hourglass body shape, I hope you will join me and invite your friends too. If you have any questions, please leave me a comment.
Have a great week,
Warmly, Karan Gleddie
Great articles, Karan! Love them. Thanks.
Thank you Freida, Have a wonderful week. Karan
Love your article. Thank you for your efforts. Louan
Hi Louan, I’m glad you enjoyed the article, Thank you for stopping by, have a great week! Karan